R4H Medical Transportation Accessibility Statement 12/16/2021
R4H Medical Transportation shall provide reasonable accommodations to passengers with disabilities, including to passengers accompanied by a service animal, passengers with hearing and visual impairments, and passengers with mobility devices. R4H Medical Transportation does not discriminate any services and will not impose additional charges to provide service to an individual with disabilities or a service animal.
A. Accommodations to passengers accompanied by a service animal.
1. Requests for service from a passenger accompanied by a service animal may not be refused.
B. Accommodations to passengers with hearing and visual impairments.
1. R4H Medical Transportation shall maintain at all times mobile apps or online dispatch services available to customers in accordance to W3C guidelines and ADA Section 503 requirements pertaining to hearing and visual accessibility.
2. R4H Medical Transportation shall maintain customer service support services in accordance to guidelines and ADA requirements pertaining to hearing and visual accessibility.
C. Accommodations to passengers with mobility devices.
1. R4H Medical Transportation shall reasonably accommodate passengers with canes, walkers, or other mobility devices that can readily fit within a non-wheelchair-accessible R4H Medical Transportation Vehicle.
2. R4H Medical Transportation shall maintain mobile apps or online dispatch services available to customers that request a wheelchair-accessible vehicle (WAV).
3. R4H Medical Transportation Vehicles are required to provide WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles) service within a reasonable time by maintaining a fleet of affiliated wheelchair-accessible R4H Medical Transportation vehicles, contracting with a permitted operator of wheelchair-accessible PFHT vehicles, or a combination thereof. It is a rebuttable presumption that any time beyond 30 minutes is unreasonable.
This policy is effective as of December 16, 2021.
If you are having issues with our service or would like to file a complaint, please use the resources below:
R4H Medical Transportation
1536 Saw Mill Run Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15210
PA PUC # A-0019028F6000
USDOT # 2632350